Cool Fact Monday
Spiritual Content Tuesday
Update Wednesday
Future Thursday
Ask Me Friday
Story Saturday and Sunday

Back online, though the quality can not be guaranteed yet, it may start out as random ramblings until I get a system up again.

questions, comments, ridicule, arguments, ideas and love can all be sent to: dragon.fire.network@gmail.com




14 October 2008

Cops on the 80

Driving back from fairfield today I saw a large procession of cops going east bound on the 80. East bound traffic was completly stopped right before one of the on ramps a little after I passed the entrance to hwy 12. I saw so many cops going in a straight line in the middle lane lights blazing. When I started counting I counted 50 cop cars before I lost count. So there were more than 50 cop cars. Was there a visiting dignitary? Was it a funeral?

If anyone knows why this was going on it would be good to know. When I find out I will add it in.

1 comment:

Amy_Fire said...

Turns out it was a funeral.
East Bay Police Honor Fallen Officer

Richmond police lead a procession Tuesday across a wide stretch of Contra Costa County for an officer who died after a car crash earlier this month.

Rolling closures began at about 7:30 a.m. on eastbound Interstate 80 as the procession for Officer Brad Moody made its way to a funeral home in Vacaville.

The procession then headed back to westbound I-80, then south on Interstate 680, east on Highway 4, then took surface streets for a memorial at Sleep Train Pavilion in Concord.

At about 12:30 the procession returned to Vacaville.

Moody, 29, was taken off life support on Oct. 7 after he had been involved in a crash in his patrol car three days earlier.

There also was a cop car accident that happened. This link is for anyone interested.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/14/BAD113H2RC.DTL&type=printable