Cool Fact Monday
Spiritual Content Tuesday
Update Wednesday
Future Thursday
Ask Me Friday
Story Saturday and Sunday

Back online, though the quality can not be guaranteed yet, it may start out as random ramblings until I get a system up again.

questions, comments, ridicule, arguments, ideas and love can all be sent to: dragon.fire.network@gmail.com




06 September 2009

10 year reunion




I did not plan, expect, to have fun at my High School Reunion. I hear a lot of bad things about these types of events. I also don't really remember many of the people I wen to highschool with. Part of it is simply my own, Amy, memory problems. Even Tina was making fun of me about it by the end of the day, completely baffled about how much I had forgotten.

It started out the way I expected. Standing off to the side, smiling and watching everyone meeting up and chatting and reminiscing with each other. Tina grabbed a couple drinks, I had a couple lemonades and then some snacks. A few people came up to talk to us. Apparently nobody would've recognized us unless we were together. That's what they kept saying, "I recognized you and then I saw you two together and knew that must be Aurora and Amy..." and other such like that. We are one entity with two bodies....at least that's how it sounded. Pretty funny.

Tina continued to hint about wanting to go out on the dance floor but not wanting to be the one in front, leading. I'm not so good with hints but I did eventually get it and told her that I would do anything for her, she just needed to ask. So I swallowed my introversy and uncomfortable feelings around crowds and walked out onto the dance floor as if I belonged.

I have no idea what came over me. I've been to many dances before. I've also been out clubbing a few times with Melanie or Tina. But this, this was different for some reason. I just relaxed and danced. It is the first time I ever remember (no, wait the second time. There was one church dance a few months ago), being comfortable and not worrying about what others were thinking. I simply had fun and danced.

After the first 30 minutes my side and legs were hurting. I was ready to walk off of the dance floor when a couple songs I really liked played back to back. Then I sort of forgot about the muscle cramps and stayed. Turns out we were dancing pretty much non-stop for at least 3 hours. We did take a 2 minute break when the music cut out and had technical difficulties,in which we stood outside and enjoyed the view of the golf course at night. We did also take a few second break to grab drinks but we were still dancing while getting the drinks and while drinking them, so I don't know if that counts as a break.

I can't believe I enjoyed myself so much. I know Tina had a lot of fun as well. I also can't believe how many people remembered me or how many people came up to me to tell me how beautiful I was. Talk about a self-esteem boost. I felt like the most gorgeous girl in the room with all of that attention.

It took so long for the adrenalin rush to wear down but I think I can sleep now. I know I'll be sore in the morning but the good kind that means you worked out and had fun.

No comments: