Cool Fact Monday
Spiritual Content Tuesday
Update Wednesday
Future Thursday
Ask Me Friday
Story Saturday and Sunday

Back online, though the quality can not be guaranteed yet, it may start out as random ramblings until I get a system up again.

questions, comments, ridicule, arguments, ideas and love can all be sent to: dragon.fire.network@gmail.com




15 April 2009

Should I Stay or Should I go....But it's the Temple

So some friends were going to the Temple on Saturday and I was going to do a service project instead. This project had been set up before the date for the Temple. Well I procrastinated and ended up not doing the service project. That gave me the choice, since I had already said I wasn't going to the Temple. Well I thought to myself the night before. "I'm not feeling well so I don't even know if I will get up in time." So I didn't mention anything to anyone. Then I just happened to wake up early, even though I was on the verge of not feeling well and exhaustion. I woke up with energy and everything. So then I decided to take a shower. Grandpa was in the bathroom and sometimes he can take hours just to get ready in the morning. It wasn't looking good and still I had told nobody of the possibility of going. Grandpa got out in record time and I showered. I was all dressed up and my dad asked "Where are you going?" I said, "I'm thinking of going to the Temple" He looked a little sad, "Oh, I thought you were going to be home." I looked at him, "Why?" I asked. He shrugged, "I was hoping to play games together." "Oh" I said. It was a tempting offer, I thought it over but then he said, "The Temple is a good decision." I nodded, "Yes it is. Maybe we can play games another time." My mother, who was going, was running late. This was a blessing because I was ready at the same time she was. I was out the door and got in the car. "Where are you going?" She asked. "Why to the Temple of course." She just looked shocked and then we went. It was a great decision even if my emotions were all crazy that day. The Temple can't always fix everything but it is still a good choice to make. When I die will the Lord ask, "What level did you get your character too on Revelation." or "How far did you get on Revelation." I don't even know if he'll ask "How many times did you go to the Temple?" I think He will ask something like, "How many people did you help?" "How did you build relationships with your family?" "Did you care enough for people to give them the opportunity to make the same covenants you have already made?" These new questions can lead into going to the Temple, serving others, sharing the Gospel and other things we have been asked to do. It's not your actions, but the intent of your heart.

Should I stay or should I go? That is entirely up to you. It's the Love that matters.

No comments: