Cool Fact Monday
Spiritual Content Tuesday
Update Wednesday
Future Thursday
Ask Me Friday
Story Saturday and Sunday

Back online, though the quality can not be guaranteed yet, it may start out as random ramblings until I get a system up again.

questions, comments, ridicule, arguments, ideas and love can all be sent to: dragon.fire.network@gmail.com




04 February 2010

Change of Mindset

The first thing I want to cover is perspective. What makes a person successful? Is it a new car? Is it a lavish house? Is it spending large amounts of money every month? Is it a stable job? Is it making lots of money every month at a job? Is it having benefits? Is it the people around, such as friends and family? Is it doing the 'right' thing? Is it being in a stable relationship? Is it being single and happy? Is it being able to go to the movies or go out to eat regularly?

It's all of these things and none of them at the same time. First, being successful means something different to everyone. I can't speak for the entire population, but I can speak for myself. I have never really thought of myself as being successful and as such, I have never been successful. I always thought it would be nice to have money or a government job or a family or traveling, but I never really thought any of that would be true for me. In some aspects I still don't.

My change of mindset is not "I want to be a millionaire or have a lot of money". My change of mindset is a lot simpler than that. Here are the steps I am taking:

1) I want to look at my life and see where I am already a success.
2) I am making a positive list of my successes.
3) I am going to post that list where I will see it in the morning.

I am not setting goals. As an example, I am not saying, "I will have a lot of money now that I have decided that is my success". Whatever my belief in success may be, that is not the plan for this week. Next week I can work on goals. This week is about mindset. First I must feel good about myself and the things I have already done.

Try this sometime. You'd be surprised about how good this exercise can make you feel. Just remember, everyone has successes, sometimes you have to let go of your personal prejudices and criticisms to see it, but they are there.

No comments: