Cool Fact Monday
Spiritual Content Tuesday
Update Wednesday
Future Thursday
Ask Me Friday
Story Saturday and Sunday

Back online, though the quality can not be guaranteed yet, it may start out as random ramblings until I get a system up again.

questions, comments, ridicule, arguments, ideas and love can all be sent to: dragon.fire.network@gmail.com




12 February 2010

Reading

Some people have asked, what are some good books for light reading.  Well I have my biased being that I am in to fantasy, but I like a variety. 

So here are some recommendations...

  • Fantasy:
    • anything by Terry Brooks, especially "The Sword of Shannara" or "The Magic Kingdom For Sale/Sold" series.
    • His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik - this series has some great historical background and it is an amazing piece of literature.
    • The Lightning Thief and other books by Rick Riordan - these are a good read for kids as well, probably ages 8 and up would be my guess.
  • Improving Self:
    • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind
    • Positive Discipline - good for people with kids or planning on having kids or working with kids.
    • Sometimes the Magic Works by Terry Brooks
    • How to Win Friends and Influence People
    • Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - still reading this but already I'm hooked
  • Sci-Fi
    • Anything by Ray Bradbury some of my favorites "The Martian Chronicles" and "Fahrenheit 451". Also, "1984" by George Orwell.
    • Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game" series.  This is an amazing piece of literature, the authors writing is captivating and believable and simply sucks you in to the story.
  • Random Others
    • Runaway Jury by John Grisham
    • The Green Mile by Stephen King
I'm sure there are many others but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind.  It's great to have some recommendations to choose from, hope some of these captivate those of you who were needing a good read.

No comments: